Idaho Opportunity Scholarship Application
Recognizing the need for a well-educated
workforce, Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter and the Idaho Legislature established the Opportunity Scholarship to
remove barriers to higher education and prepare college/university graduates to enter the workforce. The
Opportunity Scholarship awards eligible applicants up to $3,500 per year and is renewable for up to four years.
The scholarship funds are available per school year;
recipients must re-apply each year and are eligible to receive the scholarship for a maximum of four years.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet all of
the following criteria:
- Have an unweighted, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
an Idaho resident
- Be a graduate from an Idaho high school or
its equivalent (GED/HSE from Idaho)
- Complete the State Board of Education
scholarship application by March 1
- Complete the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes.
GEAR UP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
GEAR UP SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE CLASS OF 2018
To qualify for the GEAR UP scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
The GEAR UP Idaho Scholarship is available to students who participated in
the GEAR UP program and graduated high school (or its equivalent) in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Applicants must be less than 22 years old at the time they receive their first scholarship award.
- Applicants must possess a secondary
school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Applicants must have completed and submitted the initial scholarship
application prior to graduating from high school.
- Applicants must have completed and submitted the Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA priority deadline was on or before February 15 of the student’s graduation
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for full-time enrollment in a program of undergraduate instruction
at an eligible institution of higher education that is located within Idaho’s boundaries. Accepted institutions
include any Idaho public regionally accredited institution under the general supervision and governance of the
Idaho State Board of Education, and any private, non-profit, regionally accredited institution, as listed below.